Stewart – International Group
For more than a century, people have depended on Stewart to protect their most important asset – their real estate investment. Today, Stewart Title Guaranty Company’s International Group builds on that experience delivering global title insurance policies and escrow services in more than 80 countries – spanning Asia, the Americas, Europe and Africa – through our network of regional offices in Australia, Canada, the Caribbean, Europe, Latin America and the U.S.
Policies available to protect the title
- Owner – Owner policies protect insured parties from losses due to improperly vested title, defects, liens and encumbrances.
- Lender – Lender policies cover losses arising from various covered risks, including the mortgage being unenforceable and not having the priority as stated in the policy.
- Leasehold – A leasehold offers similar protections as contained in Stewart’s owner and lender policies, as they relate to leasehold interests.
- Single-risk indemnities – A title may have certain known risks that either legally or economically cannot be cured. Stewart has developed policies that insure risk associated with a known title defect.
- Gap coverage – Gap coverage is a contract of indemnity that provides the lending bank the assurance that its mortgage will be registered in the title registry and the bank will have the first or priority position during the period between the date of its application and the mortgage registration.
- Stewart’s Global Advantage Title® (GAT) – A GAT policy is especially tailored to meet the needs of individuals or companies participating in cross-border real estate transactions. The GAT policy is a contract of indemnity, controlled by U.S. law and provides many of the same or similar coverages Americans are used to getting in American transactions.
For lenders and buyers, even those acquiring property in civil law and Torrens jurisdictions, our services provide a necessary level of security and efficiency that allows them to focus on the economics of the transaction and the qualities of the property without having to worry about complicated title risks. Likewise, sellers and real estate developers have also found that by working with Stewart and marketing their properties with the Stewart trademark, they are facilitating the decision-making and transactional process of buyers.
Stewart. Your Land. Our Business. Worldwide.®
To learn more about Stewart’s international capabilities, contact email@example.com.